![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
| Saturday, January 31, 2009 |
HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR! Ahh..so long never blog already, I have quite a no of things to share. 24 - 26 Jan09 -This CNY was memorable. Went back to grandma's house exceptionally early this year, on the night before chu xi. And so we had our reunion dinner with grandparents and some cousins (sadly the ones i'm not close to). Grandma would always prepare a ritual to pray to the ancestors in the afternoon and another ritual to pray to the 天公 at 12 midnight on the day of CNY. I was her lovely assistant that night, helping her in preparing the food for prayer. Had a very fun time because I was trying to talk in Hokkien to her. Her chinese is broken while my Hokkien is broken. Hahaha. My grandma has a favourite 'vulgar' word to scold people - 三八 , and that is in Hokkien - San Ba-d. LOLS it's very funny hearing her scolding san ba-d (the tone is damn cute) whenever we tease her or say nonsensical things =P I intentionally said I want to eat the peach bun (which is meant for the prayer) because it looks really pretty and instantly I got to hear my favourite word from her. Hehe. My mum just did the job of laughing at us at one side. Not only do I like to tease my adorable grandma, my mum and bros do it too. But of course we do it in a joking manner, which is why she would always end up cracking in laughters after she 'shoot' us back. And celebrating the first night of CNY in grandma's house won't lose to going to the crowded-like-noone's-business Chinatown in Singapore. Once the clock strikes twelve, we could hear the loud fire crackers from other households, lighting up one after another. And there were fireworks too, and those fireworks are comparable to the ones in Singapore. Wonder which household is so loaded uh. The pictures and video of fireworks are with my da ge now. So I guess have to wait till he is back from NZ before I can post them up. We rushed back to Singapore at 6am on the first day of CNY because my da ge developed skin swellings after everyone went to sleep at 3am. We did not know the aetiology of it and due to the fact that he had to leave the country on NS course the next day, we ought to get back to Sg for treatment. That was why I did not get to see my favourite cousins as they were coming down only on that afternoon. =( 27 Jan 09, tues, 2nd day of CNY. House visiting day. My mum whipped up a sumptuous feast for the guests who are coming to the house. AndI'msosadIdidn'tgettoeatit! Taby and weimin came over to bai nian and we moved to taby's, then to dan's. Haha, so happy, I finally get to go to there to mess it up. LOL! We intended to burn his house down with sparklers since taby had it. But we love him too much so we dropped the idea. We played a prank on one of our female ex classmate (shall not disclose the identity.lol!) using dan's msn. I was pretending to be him, feeling so depressed because his lovely dog(since when did he even have one) died a few days ago and its body was still there blah blah and that he is intending to suicide. Haha oh poor girl, she got so freaked out that she called my hp. But that freaked me out as I thought she knew that it was me doing the typings. It turned out that she was anxious and didn't know what to do so she was calling for my help. We almost burst in laughters because it was on loudspeaker. Haha i'm so mean i know ~.~ but we revealed the truth to her in the end. She is so going to kill me when we meet, but who knows when. Haha. We played laughed crapped as the time flew and taby had to rush home for dinner. wm wanted to watch the "green-green" movie (Love Matters) so off the 3 of us went to Tiong Bahru! See, so s-teady right. Hah. I didn't know about the movie content initially. Quite yellow sia, the sausage and meatballs part was ... -_- LOL! And the movie lasted for 2 hours, it was 11 odd when we came out. Trained back to Clementi with wm and I was saying that I could camp over at Dover since I had school in a few hours time. But still, in the end he walked me home. Haha. This CNY had me late nights. Broke my 2 weeks chain of sleeping at 10. Now I can't seem to sleep early. Must rewind my biological clock again. Haha. Some of the pictures taken in dan's house.. welooksoguai =) dun dare to do stunts as the photographer was his dad. lol! wm finding for seats for his green green movie.. utilising his whiteboard =P . . . ok so the photo taking craze starts.. 'ancient family photo' no we are not hitting you taby. it's the pillows blankets and pooh bear who loves u too much =P if you say we are advertising as pillow sellers, then it should be weimin! notice he changes his product in every photo! |
| hweeying ♥ 4:04 PM |
| About Me |
|
![]() 18 SP- Dip. in Optometry Doptometrist {THE Optometrist} xgniy@live.com {msn|facebook} |
| Current Craze | ||||||
|
|